Thursday, August 07, 2014

The Instagram feed

I've had a hectic yet peaceful summery July. I've started using my Iphone 5s camera more often and network with other users on Instagram. I love Instagram for a gazillion reasons. As cheesy as this sounds, it gives me a reason everyday to believe in creativity, originality, style, passion and everything amazing that humans are capable of doing. It's also a place where you find people find inspiration in others' work, or just plain rip off their creations. But I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. My mum always said, people can steal your style but not your mind :) You can find my Instagram page here
Captured on my phone, this is the Meaux Cathedral. Construction on this gothic monument began in 1175 and finished in 1540. In the Little Prince, there is a sweet quote about cathedrals.

"Un tas de pierres cesse d'être un tas de pierres, des qu'un seul homme le contemple avec, en lui, l'image d'une cathédrale." 
"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
~ Antoine de Saint-Expuéry
My absolute favourite film with the magical Audrey! 
“Reading dreams. That's what started her walking down the road. Every day she'd walk a little further: a mile, and come home. Two miles, and come home. One day she just kept on.”
In mood for some Guerlain ;) I couldn't afford this ridiculously expensive perfume, hence it just seemed natural someone would gift it to me :) Merci Monsieur S. 
Because yesterday's roses deserve another chance. My local florist was going to chuck these away because they were "left-overs". I couldn't bear the thought of such pretty things meeting such a hopeless end! What's that they say about beauty being in the eye of the beholder?
Or an artistic demise like these beauties..
Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them!
Wanderlust creeps up on me ever so often. Here's the magnificent Saint Stephen's Basilica in Budapest. I miss backpacking across Eastern Europe. It was once of the happiest trips I've ever made. Le sigh..  

No comments:

Post a Comment