Sunday, October 13, 2013

Home sweet home.

I've got my Masters in hand and some dreams to rebuild. I needed a short break from "la vie européenne". I decided the best thing would be to take the flight back home to Goa and spend some quality time with my family. I have missed being home and being taken care of (in the Indian child comes home sort of way). 
On returning home, my grandmother's absence is the most striking part of the household fabric. The love is still there from everybody but a big part of it is missing. There's a lot of work to do now. I spend some time everyday in my grandmum's room, sorting through her things. Quite often there is a faint lavender talc scent that fills the room when I open her armoire. That is my favorite scent for now. The ocean offers me comfort. I love experiencing that happy disposition, found only in that familiar place between the earth and the sky..

No comments:

Post a Comment