Thursday, November 18, 2010

La Foire Saint Romain, Rouen

La Foire Saint Romain (Fun fair in Rouen) is the largest in France. It is held between 22nd October to 21st November on the left bank of the River Seine in Rouen. The fair is named after Saint Roman, who was the Bishop of Rouen in the VIIth century. Legend has it that he killed the famous "Gargouille" monster that was wrecking havoc in the town. The fair has been taking place in Rouen since the XIth century! How does one feel being part of a 11th century old tradition? Hungry! You are spoilt for choice here! For the sweet lovers, this is heaven only more colourful and noisy. My favorites are Churros and Pomme  d'amour (which literally means apples of love :P Here apples are mounted on a stick and coated with various flavours of icing sugar, chocolate, coconut, etc).

2 comments:

  1. Omg the apples! Do they taste as delicious as they look? I think I missed them in Germany by just a few days. Yum.

    I hope you don't think I'm being repetitive but I love the pictures! They look like they should be in a magazine. Hey, may be you should think about that! Happy clicking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks. ya the candied apples are so delicious but I would limit the intake to 1 a week! these are the ones that won't keep the doctor at bay :D

    ReplyDelete